RISLONE TRANSMISSION REPAIR 500ml
- Stops Leaks
- Restores Performance
- Stops Noise
- Reduces Heat, Friction & Stabilizes Fluid
- Stops Leaks, Slipping & Rough Shifting
- Adds Protection
Rislone Automatic Transmission Repair reduces rough shifting and friction, while eliminating slip, controlling temperature, and repairing shudder, chatter and whining. Premium high kilometre formula restores transmission performance and saves on costly transmission / transaxle repairs. Use when topping off existing fluid when low, or add a bottle when changing the fluid. For most vehicles, this is the last chance before going to the junkyard or undergoing expensive repairs.
Automatic Transmissions do not work without fluid, nor do they work well without the correct fluid. Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) is one of the most complex of all lubricating fluids. It has to reduce friction enough to prevent wear and control temperature while at the same time allowing some friction to prevent the internal clutch material from slipping. This same fluid must operate at low and high temperature extremes.
Adding to Existing Transmission Fluid:
- Remove transmission dipstick and check fluid level. For most vehicles this is usually done while the engine is running and the transmission is in Park.
Tip: The transmission dipstick is usually located near the engine oil dipstick but further back into the engine compartment. Some vehicles do not have a normal dipstick. For those, the product has to be added to the transmission through a fill plug. Consult owner’s manual for location.
- If fluid is low, pour entire contents of the two chamber bottle into the dipstick tube. Do NOT overfill. Tip. If necessary, to prevent overfill, drain some fluid from transmission.
- Check fluid level again. Top off with manufacturer’s recommended transmission fluids as needed.
- Replace dipstick and drive 10 to 15 minutes to circulate fluid.
- Depending on transmission problem, results will either be immediate or noticeable within (2) days or 150 km of driving.
- In transmissions with seriously damaged components a second treatment may be required. In this case, it is suggested that the transmission fluid and filter be changed and a second application of Transmission Repair be added.
- If using Transmission Repair when changing transmission fluid, add entire contents of bottle after filter is changed.
- Refill with manufacturer’s recommended fluid to proper level.
- Drive vehicle and recheck fluid level.
NOTE: Do not use Rislone Automatic Transmission Repair in CVT transmissions.
WHAT IS A TRANSMISSION?
There are two basic types of automatic transmissions.
Transaxle / Front-Wheel Drive - The transmission is usually combined with the axles to form a transaxle. In most front-wheel-drive vehicles, the engine is mounted sideways and the transaxle is located under the hood with then engine. It connects to the tires with axle shafts.
Transmission Rear-Wheel Drive - The transmission is mounted to the back of the engine and it is located underneath the centre hump of the floorboard. A driveshaft connects the transmission to the axle.
Transmission Components Transmissions - are a combination of mechanical, hydraulic and electric parts.
Mechanical - Many mechanical parts are required to operate a transmission. Some of the more important parts are the fluid pump, valve body, clutches, bands and torque converter. These parts work in unison with the hydraulic system.
Hydraulic - The hydraulic system uses the fluid pump to create pressure, which is controlled by the valve body. The high pressure fluid is used to engage clutches & bands, along with cooling the transmission.
Electrical - On later-model transmissions, computer controlled electric solenoids are responsible for shifting and converter lockup.
Rislone Automatic Transmission Repair
Poor Shift Feeling
Fluid Loss “Leaks”
Restores Transmission Performance
|Chamber A Contains||Chamber B Contains|